I can vividly remember sitting on my therapist's couch, in tears, because I felt like I couldn't make my life work. I remember saying, "I'm just too sensitive. It's like I'm allergic to life and I can't get my feet under me!"
- I was struggling in my marriage because I wasn't taking the time I needed to focus on myself and my own happiness, feeling resentful as I wasn't meeting my own needs while simultaneously expecting my husband to meet my needs for me.
- I sacrificed my own self-care once I became a mother to two kids, thinking that I needed to give all my energy and attention to them, putting myself at the bottom of my priority list and therefore drained.
- My body was going through a health crisis at the young age of 35, after years of sugar-addiction, eating all the wrong foods and constant stress.
- My career as a coach felt stalled because while I really wanted to help people, I didn't know how to stay in my own energy without taking on the feelings and emotions of my clients, which prevented me from thriving in my business and leaving me feeling frustrated financially and deeply anguished that I wasn't living my life purpose.
- I was beating myself up on a regular basis, feeling like something was wrong with me. I often thought that if I could simply "fix" my sensitivity then I could live like everyone else and be happy. I was at odds with who I was and it was causing me great suffering.
- I was living in my head most of the time, lost in worry of the future and thoughts of my to-do list, and felt little connection to the joy of the present moment, connection to others, or the feeling of being in my body: alert, aware and alive.
Does any of this sound familiar?
What I didn't realize at the time was that I was living in a state of almost constant overstimulation, which led to feelings of overwhelm and meltdown. Take too much overstimulation and pair it with a negative mindset (inner chatter) and you've got the perfect storm of a highly sensitive person at their worst. I was living my life from a place of depletion, where I was constantly losing energy by giving it all away to others, taking on other people's negativity, putting myself in draining situations, plagued by a negative inner critic and disregarding my inner desires. I had no systems in place to generate energy and I was totally out of whack.
This process has been revolutionary! – Amy Uchida, Private 1:1 Client
I will help you find and implement the tools to live a happier and healthier life where you will deeply connect to your most divine self so you can bring your gifts and greatest strength – your sensitivity – to the world. It’s a place where you’ll embark along your path to self-love, self-acceptance, spiritual and self-rediscovery while learning essential self-care tools and strategies you can implement to take your mission, your message and your life purpose to the next level.
I want you to feel your very best and I know that results are important. So what can you expect from our work together?